Saturday, July 28, 2012

Wow that week went by fast.
Thursday I went to the first band leadership meeting of my last year. We managed to turn 15 minutes worth of information into almost 2 hours of fooling around and laughing, adult staff included. I'm super excited for the dynamic between the 2 fairly young people who will be running the program this year since we're still searching for a band director. I don't have any concerns about that lack though because these 2 have nearly perfected "getting the job done." Although I will miss having one of them there for the first week of band camp because no one else can scare the freshmen that well with his intimidating drill sergeant style on the first day. But hey, at least being woodwind sergeant and not a captain this year means I might be able to get out of those grueling periods of block, to walk around and check people. Plus I'm ready to be in shape again. It should be fun exercising out in the heat for the same two weeks as the olympians.

Speak of the devil, I really liked the London ceremony. The music, signature British humor, and the imagery made it feel very intimate. I do wish Doctor Who had gotten a bigger nod than just 2 seconds of TARDIS noises, but oh well. Since 2016 will be in Rio de Janeiro, I have even more motivation to learn Portuguese after improving my Spanish.

Today will be mostly shopping, tomorrow brunch and the humane society, then band camp bright and early (but at least 9am and NOT 7am this year) on Monday. I'm way behind on summer assignments, so this weekly posting might be the norm for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment