Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Eeek, 4 days. Just act natural everybody.

I'll rewind to Saturday: a beautiful relaxing afternoon at the beach where I became my friends' 3 year old cousin's new best friend.

Sunday I was up early and off to my final mentoring session as a dog walker at the Humane Society! Then regular brunch with my grandparents, followed by the pool.

Yesterday entailed even more running around. After dropping my mom off at work, I took a 40 minute walk (with partial jogging) then attempted to go to the pool. I swam for maybe 15 minutes then decided to try to tan a bit. As soon as I laid down on the chair it started raining. Typical Florida. So I sat under the canopy and waited for it to pass. 10 minutes later and the skies had cleared, so I went back out. The second my back touched the chair a great boom of thunder sounded. The forces of nature are out to keep me pale. Afterwards, I ate and caught up with more of Covert Affairs.

The next order of business was stopping by the Humane Society to get my official shirt and tag. Working there must be fantastic because the lady I had to speak to had a cage blocking of the entrance to her cubicle which allowed a tiny kitten to run around inside. She also let me know about an opportunity to help out this weekend where I could work with cats!

Next I drove straight to my friend's house to give him a ride to the soup kitchen we've been helping out at. Unlike last time, I wound up unknowingly volunteering to dry dishes in the back of the kitchen without air conditioning. Not fun.

On my way home, my mom and I stopped to get dinner at Quiznos and the lady who works there is really friendly and loves talking to my mom. As we walked in she was about to put up a "Now Hiring" sign. We talking for probably half an hour about me working there and it would have been perfect, except I can't work the hours she needs because of band camp. I feel bad that I haven't been able to get a real job yet, and that probably won't happen until I have free time again after marching season in November.

I'm off to the pool right now to try to beat whatever weather may come.

No comments:

Post a Comment