Thursday, August 2, 2012

So the last few days have been kind of shitty.
I was excited to get back into marching season. Was being the operative word.
That duo I talked about in the last post? Well half of it is gone without explanation and may not be coming back at all. The other half, who wasn't supposed to be here this week anyway has been trying to come in as much as possible and today was the first day he couldn't be there at all.
The people they've got running camp for us have no idea how our band works. We are a band that mixes the fun with the work and more than anything, bonds. They're used to working with bands that strictly separate free time and serious time and have little to no relationship with the staff: robots. I feel like they're sucking the soul out of marching band. As a leader and a senior, I've been allowed minimal chances to give advice and do my job. The icing on the cake was when one of my past very good friends returned yesterday to help as a tech, and has been acting like a complete jerk. Someone that would always joke around but was still very good when it came down to business now won't even crack a smile in mine or other mutual friend's directions and is nothing but rude when speaking to us. This season isn't going anywhere good fast. We don't even have a band director yet.

Sorry that this post is so negative, but even venting to my friends and everyone else that isn't oblivious is not enough. We're going to wait to see if when half of the duo returns on Monday, things improve. If not, we're going to have to have a very serious talk with him on Tuesday.  After the great experiences I've had over the past 3 years, if I was a freshmen this year and things stay the same, I wouldn't come back.

Hopefully things will get better and I can have the marching band I know and love back.



No comments:

Post a Comment